Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Changes from Book to Screen!

'Catching Fire': 12 big changes from page to screen (and why almost all of them work)
Hunger-Games-Catching-Fire.jpg
I picked this article because I have read both the books and watched the movies, and although they seem quite similar there are always changes, that you remember but also forget. What I learned was that the smaller parts of the book were excluded, but in the book they were very meaning full points. These are the 12 main changes from the book to the movie.
1. Gale’s whipping
2. No Bonnie, Twill, or Darius
3. More missing scenes
4. Peeta can swim
5. President Snow and Plutarch’s plotting
6. President Snow’s granddaughter
7. Effie’s big goodbye
8. The mockingjay watch
9. The bread code
10. Katniss’s final stand
11. Katniss’s “pregnancy”
12. Snow and the champagne
I loved this article because I read the books a long time ago and forgot about all those little details that either got taken out or changed. I think for the benefit of the movie it was good they made these changes, but I am glad the books are how they are. The weirdest change to me is that Peeta no longer has a prosthetic leg, but trust me I am so glad he has his actual leg in the movies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment